Our team provides practical and emotional support to frail and older patients whilst they are in A&E and the Discharge Lounge.
We provide practical and emotional support that helps to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital and also help speed up the discharge process for more vulnerable patients.
The team is based in Northampton General Hospital seven days a week.
We can help by
- transporting patients to other hospital departments or wards where necessary.
- providing support to patients on hospital wards to alleviate boredom, anxieties or aggression (where appropriate). We can support patients who may be agitated or wandering, thereby freeing up clinical time and improving a person's stay in hospital. We can also help with feeding if necessary.
- delivering equipment to patients' homes and sourcing equipment from the hospital where necessary.
- delivering TTO/Discharge letters to patients waiting to be discharged from hospital or once they are home we can deliver the letters to their homes.
- waiting for equipment or aids to be delivered or set up in a person's home.
- We operate a call-back system for patients once they are discharged, offering support in the community and helping to prevent re-admission to hospital.
- This is a basic description of how we can help. As everyone's needs are different we adapt our service to best suit them - there may be more that we can offer, depending on the person or their circumstances.
For more information
Contact Emily Batt on 07881 858 681
or email email@example.com