Having a fall can become a real worry as we get older and feel less steady on our feet. If you're feeling concerned about falling, or have already had a fall, Age UK North Craven can help.
Age UK North Craven services that can help
We have a number of services that might be able to help you if you're starting to find things a bit more difficult or are worried about falling.
- Independence support service to help you plan for staying independent.
- Information and advice service for advice on social care and getting help at home.
- Community car scheme to help you get to your health appointments..
To find out more about what we do or to ask for advice, contact us on 01729 8230 66.
Our top tips for preventing falls:
- Make sure you have well-fitted and comfortable shoes
- Remove trip hazards from your home
- Check your eyesight and medication
- Do exercises to stay strong and maintain your balance
Contact us on 01729 823 066 if you want to find out more or need some more advice.
Preventing falls video
Watch this Age UK video on preventing falls for lots of ideas and tips on how to stay steady and strong on your feet.
Contact us for further advice
If you need further advice on preventing falls or what to do after a fall, contact us on 01729 823 066.