On Thursday 8 June 2017, voters in Northern Ireland will go to the polls to choose the MPs (Members of Parliament) who will represent them at Westminster.
We want Northern Ireland to be a great place to grow older. It is vital that, once elected, our MPs #Act4Age on the issues that affect older people today and tomorrow.
Make the election count. Ask candidates in your constituency to show their support for older people by becoming an Age Champion at Westminister.
We want our MPs to become Age Champions so that they can work with us to:
- raise awareness of the issues affecting older people in NI at Westminster
- visit Age NI networks and local groups supporting older people to find out about the issues in your area and how best to support them
#Act4Age: Our Priorities For Action
- Staying well, feeling good
Older people enjoying good health for longer, remaining as independent as possible and receiving the best care.
- Tackling pensioner poverty
Older people having enough money to live comfortably and participate fully in society.
- Equal and engaged citizens
Older people valued for their contribution and experience, their rights and dignity respected and protected.
Older people having their voices heard, ensuring decisions made on Brexit are informed and shaped by their specific circumstances and needs.
Click the priorities above for more information on each.
Want to support the campaign? Read more at #Act4Age Actions
Email Your Candidates