Publicise your event

Man saving a goal

The more people who know about your event the better. Tell people about your event, text them, call them, email them. Set up a facebook event or a twitter account to keep people updated.

Get friends and work colleagues to pass the message as far and wide as they can. The more people know about what you are doing the more money you will raise.

It may be something your local press, radio station and websites would like to know about. We’ve created a sample letter that you can use as a template.

Download: opens link in new window Publicity letter to editor (RTF 32KB)

Please let us know how we can help and what you are doing. As well as support and advice we can provide a range of promotional materials to help with your fundraising.

Set up a fundraising web page

JustGiving is an easy and secure way for people to donate as well as find out all about what you are doing.

Find out more at opens link in new window JustGiving website

After your event

Tell your local media how your event went and how much money you raised; Even if they don’t send someone to cover the event, you might still get some publicity.

Funds raised through Just Giving come directly to us, however any other money should be sent to us as a cheque.

Please make cheques payable to Age NI and send them, along with your name and telephone number, to: 

Fundraising Department
Age NI
3 Lower Crescent 

Age NI Advice Line:
0808 808 7575

Donate pie

Later Life Update

Receive our latest news and events information by email.

Subscribe now
Older lady

Spread the Warmth

For many older people winter means loneliness, poverty and ill-health.



Spend and Raise

Get involved

    Older people

    About Age NI

    We deliver care services, provide advice and advocacy, fundraise and influence our decision-makers to improve later life for us all.

    Investors In People Bronze

    Close window
    Display options

    Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

    Text size


    To see information relating to England, Scotland or Wales set your preference below: