Living Well Moyle
Living Well Moyle is an approach that was launched in 2016 to enable people in local communities, especially those who are older or require support to remain independent, to live the lives they want.
Living Well Moyle aims to:
- positively change the lives of people living with long-term health conditions
- enhance their wellbeing and quality of life
- increase their independence and social connectivity
- help them to achieve their personal goals and aspirations
- bolster the skills, experiences and resources within the voluntary,community, health and social care sectors in the Moyle area including people in the local community.
Dealing with ongoing health issues or loss can result in individuals becoming isolated and disconnected from the outside world. We know that people are happiest and healthiest as active, valued members of their communities, irrespective of their health conditions. Many active groups throughout Moyle are doing excellent work to support Living Well and are providing a range of activities. Volunteers are vital to the success of Living Well, an approach that was first developed in Cornwall.
What is the role of a Living Well Moyle volunteer?
To support people with long term health conditions to live happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives and to reconnect socially with friends, family and the local community.
As a volunteer, you will have the opportunity to:
- develop new friendships
- feel good about making a positive, often life changing difference
- learn and share knowledge or experiences of related services and activities in the local area and how to access them.
What support is available?
Age NI will provide volunteers with ongoing training and guidance, one-to-one support, out-of-pocket expenses and experience into the Living Well approach.
To volunteer, fill out the volunteer form, telephone 028 9024 5729 or email email@example.com