Published on 30 May 2017 02:30 PM
Election time provides a great opportunity to influence our future politicians. Age NI is calling on all candidates in the General election to #Act4Age by becoming an Age Champion.
Our ageing population represents many opportunities and challenges for our society - for employers, the economy, as well as the welfare, housing, health and social care systems currently in place.
Age NI wants our MPs to act as Age Champions at Westminster and deliver a better future for us all as we age.
Our Priorities - General Election 2017
- Staying well, feeling good
- Tackling pensioner poverty
- Equal and engaged citizens
We are inviting you to take some simple actions between now and election day on 8 June 2017 to support the #Act4Age campaign, and help ensure that the issues affecting older people will be prominent in the minds of our newly elected MPs when they take up their seats at Westminster.
You can #Act4Age in 4 easy ways:
1) Visit our website
2) Read our #Act4Age leaflet
- View online version (PDF 290KB)
- Download & print a copy or contact us for hard copies so that you can pass them on to canvassers who call at your home
- Display the #Act4Age badge from our leaflet on your door or window so candidates can see it.
3) Email your local candidates
4) Social media
- If you're on Facebook and Twitter, please like & follow our pages, share our posts, retweet our messages and engage with others on our 4 priority actions
- Use #Act4Age in your posts and share what you are doing to support the campaign
Please help to ensure positive change for older people now and in the future. Your help will make a difference!
For more information:
Call Age NI Advice: 0808 808 7575