Trading Standards Service logo

Consumerline is a telephone advice line which can offer you clear, practical advice should you have a problem, or a disagreement with a trader.

There are many reasons why you might want to give us  a call e.g.

  • You are dissatisfied with something you have bought i.e. the quality of the product or the way it was represented to you;
  • You are dissatisfied with the standard of customer service you have received ; or
  • You are dissatisfied with work which you have had done.

Should you need to contact us, our advisors will advise you on your legal rights and give you guidance on your next step. They may pass your complaint onto the Trading Standards Service, if it is considered to be a criminal matter.  Here are a few examples where consumers have saved money after contacting Consumerline for advice:-

  • £1,101 refund – non delivery of goods;
  • £7,000 refund -  car that had the wrong miles on the HP Agreement;
  • £6,000 refunded to a consumer  -  misdescribed caravan; and
  • £3,640 refund – the trader had asked the consumer to sign a document, which purported to deprive him of all of his statutory rights.

Contact Consumerline

Whatever your query – Consumerline may be able to help you.

Telephone Consumerline on: 0300 123 62 62

E-mail your enquiry to: 

Visit opens link in new window for more information on your consumer rights, model complaint letters, scam alerts, etc.


Consumer Council - A-Z Consumer Advice Handbook (PDF 1MB)

Age NI Advice Line:
0808 808 7575

Donate pie

Later Life Update

Receive our latest news and events information by email.

Subscribe now
Older lady

Spread the Warmth

For many older people winter means loneliness, poverty and ill-health.



Spend and Raise

Get involved

    Older people

    About Age NI

    We deliver care services, provide advice and advocacy, fundraise and influence our decision-makers to improve later life for us all.

    Investors In People Bronze

    Close window
    Display options

    Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

    Text size


    To see information relating to England, Scotland or Wales set your preference below: