The State Retirement Pension has seen its most significant reform in two generations and is set to continue to see further changes.
This short and practical overview will help you understand just how the State Pension actually works now and what it might look like in the future.
It will cover:
- The State Pension, Working Life and National Insurance.
- How pensions work for couples, single people and those who have experienced bereavement or divorce.
- Deferring Pensions and working beyond retirement age.
- Retirement planning, tax, savings and private pensions and how they interface with the State Pension.
- The future of The UK State Pension Scheme and idea of a single tier pension.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at advisers, anyone interested in personal retirement planning, financial advisers, HR staff, trade union representatives, lawyers and anyone working with older people.
Date & time: 10 February 2016 - 9.30am to 1pm.
Location: Advice NI, 1 Rushfield Avenue, Belfast BT7 3FP
£30 Advice NI Members
£45Voluntary and Community Sector organisations
£65 to Private and Statutory Sector organisations.
CDP Hours: There are 3 CDP hours available for this course.
This course can be used as evidence towards a range of units in our Advice and Guidance NVQ’s and Legal Advice qualifications including ‘Understanding the Importance of Legislation and Procedures’ (Unit 30). It is also linked to the National Occupational Standards for Legal Advisers including ‘IB19 – First Line Welfare Rights and Legal Advice’.
Pension planning and awareness effects every single one of us. Getting to grips with The State Pension needn’t be complex and it can really improve the holistic quality of advice.
To register contact:
Advice NI Training and Development Practitioner
Tel: 028 9064 5919