Older People in Health and Social Care - Getting the ‘Right’ Approach
Organised by Age NI and ARK Ageing Programme, the conference brought together leading experts on older people, human rights and health and social care to:
- provide evidence based analysis of key issues affecting older people in order to identify solutions and recommendations
- improve outcomes for older people
- influence policy making and service delivery in Northern Ireland
We heard directly from older people during the conference.
>> Download the Participants Brief (PDF 655KB)
Watch the NVTV report on the conference. Report begins from start and ends at 7m 45s. NVTV is a local television channel on Freeview channel 8 and Virgin channel 159.
Focal Point Monday 26 October 2015 from Northern Visions NvTv on Vimeo.
22 October 2015 - Riddel Hall, QUB, Belfast.
Welcome: Linda Robinson, Age NI Chief Executive
Welcome: Dr. Paula Devine, ARK Programme Deputy Director, Queens University Belfast
An older person’s experience of Health and Social Care
Conference Opening Address
Maeve McLaughlin MLA: Chair of Committee for Health, Social Services and Public Safety.
Key Note Address: Professor John Williams
How human rights standards can strengthen protection of older people’s dignity and rights
Address: Lindsey Dyer
Dignity and rights in practice - the importance of older people’s participation in protecting dignity and rights within a statutory service provision: the experience of Mersey Care Trust
Address: Robert Peat, Scottish Care Inspectorate
How including the voice of older people in regulation and inspection of health and social care service provision can help deliver dignity and rights: the experience of the Scottish Care Inspectorate.
Welcome: Eileen Mullan, Chair, Age NI
Margaret McKenna: An older person’s experience of H&SC
- Mary Black, Assistant Director of Health and Social Wellbeing Improvement, Public Health Agency
- Kevin Keenan, Assistant Director, Assistant Director Older People and Adults, Health and Social Care Board
- Evelyn Hoy, Chief Executive, Commissioner for Older People
- Dr. Alan Lennon, Chair, RQIA
- Virginia McVea, Director, Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission
- Edel Quinn, Strategic Policy Advisor, Age NI
Closing Remarks: Linda Robinson, Age NI
Short url for this webpage: www.ageni.org/conference