Age UK North Tyneside works with and supports people in later life to lead independent, fulfilling and productive lives. We are offering the following exciting opportunities to energetic, enthusiastic and caring people to join our dynamic, professional team of staff, enabling older people to make more of life.
Helping you get the job you are after
We want you to have the very best opportunity of getting the job you’re after, so here’s some information to help you through your application. They really do help, so please take just a little time to read through them.
Guidance notes on completing an application
Recruitment of ex-offenders
Map of North Tyneside
Age UK North Tyneside is an equal opportunities employer. What we’re looking for is understanding, a positive attitude and an appreciation of what older people have to offer their community.
Age UK North Tyneside are proud to carry the positive about disabled people symbol due to our commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness. We recruit the most suitable individuals for each vacancy regardless of sex, sexuality, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, gender, marital status, social or economic background or caring responsibilities.
Our current vacancies are listed below:
- Would you like to work for a care provider that genuinely cares about their staff and customers?
- Are you looking for a change of career, one that will allow you to help those in your local community that need it the most?
- Do you want guaranteed hours and access to bespoke training and progression in Health & Social Care?
EveryDay Care, owned by Age UK North Tyneside, are looking to recruit Level 2 qualified care staff across North and South Tyneside. We have vacancies in both the community and our Extra Care Schemes.
We offer an enhanced rate of £7.81 to staff who hold their Level 2 Health & Social Care Qualification or possess recent care experience. As well as a fantastic rate of pay we also provide you with free uniforms and protective equipment, paid travel time between calls, a company mobile phone and allowance and a paid induction.
Our staff tell us that they really enjoy the work they do and they feel supported by their managers and team leaders. Our business is growing and we would love you to join us, if you are interested contact email@example.com and the team will issue you with a recruitment pack that includes an application form and a job description or you can download from the links below:
Detailed Job Description
All successful applicants are required to attend a paid induction programme at the start of their employment.
Please note that we receive a high volume of applications and are unable to provide feedback.
- Hours: Part time (16 hours per week)
- Salary: £7.73 per hour
Age Uk North Tyneside are looking for an experienced Carer with Driving Responsibilities to come and work as part of the Wellbeing Centers. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be able to develop their skill set further. This is a highly responsible position which listens and responds to the needs and aspirations of individual customers and carers within a Dementia centre.
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of Wellbeing Centre users, in a way that respects dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
To help maintain the physical environment of the centre and to assist with the general day to day activities in a way that meets the needs and interests of the customers.
Successful candidates will be required to:
- To drive and escort one of Age UK North Tyneside (AUKNT) vehicles on a daily basis in accordance with AUKNT policies and procedures
- To ensure the care and safety of customers during journeys
- To help customers, by using planned care, with all personal care tasks, mobility problems and assisting in the use of care aids
- Assist in caring for customers that are temporarily sick and needing, for example changing of a minor dressing, or escorting to hospital
- Help in the promotion of cognitive and physical activities for customers through outings, conversation and other activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreational interests, reminiscence
- To assist in setting tables and trays; serving meals; supporting customers over meal times, preparing light meals; supporting customers to washing up and undertaking light cleaning duties as required
- To read and record accurate daily activities/wellbeing of customers in their personal files, take part in staff and other training and meetings as required
- To observe customers’ personal and organisational confidentiality at all levels
- To follow the daily transport route plan
- To participate in training courses and activities as required
- To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of Wellbeing Centre users, in a way that respects dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To help maintain the physical environment of the centre and to assist with the general day to day activities in a way that meets the needs and interests of the customers.
If this role is of interest to you please contact the HR Team to request an application form and further details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Recruitment at Age UK North Tyneside
An acknowledgement for receipt of application forms will not be issued unless the application is received via email.
We operate a strict short-listing process, which is based upon information completed in the application form. Therefore, it is vital that applicants ensure they complete all sections of the application form.
The short-listing process takes place every 2/3 weeks. If an applicant is successful, they will be invited to attend an interview. Unfortunately it is not possible to contact those applicants who have been unsuccessful. However, those who are invited to interview and are subsequently found to be unsuccessful, we will contact you to provide feedback.
All successful applicants are required to attend a two week paid induction programme at the start of their employment.