A new partnership between Age UK North Tyneside, TyneHealth and NHS
About Care Plus:
- We are a community and mainly home-based NHS service.
- We see the frail, older people who are registered at a North Tyneside GP practice.
- We are a 9am-5pm weekday service.
- We are an award winning multidisciplinary team. (Consultant Geriatricians, GPs, Pharmacist, Community Matrons, Physiotherapists,Occupational Therapists, Health Care Assistant, Social Worker and Age UK North Tyneside)
- We receive referrals from GPs and other health professionals.
Our aim is to:
- Address frailty, health and wellbeing in older people.
- Promote independence and help patients remain in their own homes for longer.
- Reduce social isolation by linking patients to our and other partner community activities.
- Set appropriate short term goals and work together with the patient until they are met.
- Educate patients as well as ourselves.
- Deliver high quality, holistic care, tailored to patients’ needs.
- Work with our patients and their families to avoid the need for an unnecessary trip to the hospital.
If you wish to speak to one of our Promoting Independence Co-ordinators call North Tyneside Care Plus team Tel: 0191 6918777 (option 2)