Our advocates will:
- listen to you and spend time getting to know you and your needs so that you are in a good position to help you express your views in managing your health condition.
- help ensure that you feel in control of your condition and receive the assistance and support you require to help you live your life on your terms.
- support you to gather information, giving you the opportunity to make an informed choice from all of the options available to you.
- be independent from other people in your life, such as your family, care manager or health worker.
Our advocates will not:
- reveal information about you or your condition without your consent. Your Advocate will only act with your agreement.
offer advice, opinions or judgements about what is best for you, or persuade you to follow a particular course of action.
- breach confidentiality, unless you or someone else's safety is at risk.
To receive this service:
- over 50
- living in Northumberland
affected by a long term condition
Our service is free, independent, confidential and non-judgemental
Long Term Conditions Flyer
Thank you to our funder:
Are you living with a long term condition?
Our specially designed exercises will help to improve muscle strength, endurance, breathing, flexibility, balance and ultimately help you better manage your health condition.