Affected by Cancer? Our Macmillan Advocacy Service can help.
- Are You Over 50 and Affected by Cancer?
- Would You Like Some Help With The Issues Raised by Your Diagnosis?
- Do you need someone to accompany you to meetings and appointments?
- Do you know what benefits that you might be entitled to?
- Do you need information around housing options, social care and equipment?
- Would you like to find out about local support groups?
- Would you like someone to help you express your views?
- Would you like support in your caring role?
- Would you like someone to talk to?
Cancer, Older People and Advocacy Service
This is for anyone over the age of 50 who is affected by cancer, either as a patient or a family member, carer or friend.
One in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Being diagnosed with cancer can be one of the toughest things most of us will ever face. Not just for the person diagnosed but for everyone caring for and supporting them. But you don’t have to face it alone.
We aim to support older people affected by cancer to make informed choices and decisions about investigations, treatment, care and day to day issues.
Helping find out whatever they need to know, from information on cancer, through to what practical help is available in Northumberland.
The Cancer Older People and Advocacy project has been piloted in other areas, below you can read about some of the people who have benefitted from the project.
Contact our Cancer Advocacy Team
If you need cancer advocacy support or would like to talk to someone about it then please contact:
Deborah McGarrity, Cancer Support Advocate t: 01670 784800 or e: email@example.com