Age UK Nottingham & Nottinghamshire is the largest local independent charity providing a wide range of services for older people from all communities and backgrounds in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
We enhance the quality of life and promote the health & wellbeing of all older people.
Age UK Notts was formed in 1942.
- Have a turnover of over £3m
- Employ around 120 specialist staff
- Work closely with over 350 dedicated volunteers
- Support over 42,000 older people each year in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Our vision is:
A world in which older people flourish.
Our mission is to:
Enhance the quality of life and promote the health and wellbeing of all older people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Our values are:
Compassionate Caring - We provide high quality care delivered with compassion through relationships based on empathy, kindness, respect and dignity.
Enabling - We empower older people to live independently, achieve their goals and exercise choice.
Respectful - We treat others as they would want to be treated, with dignity and respect.
Quality - We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do.
Dynamic - We are innovative, flexible, ambitious, passionate and driven by results.
Expert - We are experienced, knowledgeable, professional and trusted.
These values are the foundation of everything we stand for.
Our beliefs are that:
- Ageism is unacceptable
- Individuals, in all their diversity, should be valued
- Everyone has the right to exercise choice and control in their lives
- People should have the support they need when it is needed
- Everyone must be treated with dignity and respect
Our strategic aims are:
Aim 1: Working in local communities
We will involve and engage older people in developing a diverse range of activities which promote positive health and well-being, tackles disadvantage and creates safe, inclusive, sustainable local communities in which each individual feels valued.
Aim 2: Delivering quality services
We will design and deliver high quality, effective and efficient services that are person-centred, give choice, promote independence, well-being and enhance quality of life.
Aim 3: Campaigning and influencing
We will campaign and lobby for change on the issues that matter to older people.
Aim 4: Raising our profile
We will seek to make our organisation the charity of first choice for local older people, their families and carers. We will seek to engage other like-minded organisations and individuals to work with us.
To realise our vision, mission and aims we will:
- Put older people at the centre of everything we do
- Focus on priorities
- Generate sufficient resources to help fund the work of the charity
- Develop mutual partnerships that deliver the best for older people
- Assess, influence and respond to the external environment in which we work
- Encourage high-performing, well-motivated, adaptable and valued volunteers and members of staff
- Have efficient and effective support and communication systems
- Have a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop specific annual plans across all areas of the organisation