We offer people aged 60+, a simple nail cutting and basic footcare advice service.
People who have a long term health condition, and who do not qualify for NHS podiatry services are able to access this charged for service. Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire is working in partnership with CityCare to enable us to provide this affordable and accessible footcare service.
The Footcare Service is delivered by a small team of trained paid staff and volunteers.
What do we offer?
- The footcare service includes a short soak, nail trim, the filing of hard skin, and the application of cream.
- Appointments last approximately 30 - 45 minutes, however the first appointment will be slightly longer.
- We offer follow-up appointments at regular intervals.
- Basic footcare information and advice.
Which area does the service cover?
Who is this service for?
- People aged 60+ who:
- have a long-term health condition
- are not able to cut their own toenails
- are registered with a Nottingham City GP
- and do not qualify for NHS Podiatry Services.
How is this service delivered?
- One-to-one sessions at three City locations
Where and when is this service delivered?
- St Ann's Valley Centre (Mondays), 2 Livingstone Road, St Ann's, Nottingham NG3 3GG
- Clifton Cornerstone (Tuesdays), Southchurch Drive, Nottingham NG11 8EW
- Sherwood Rise Health Centre (Fridays), 31 Nottingham Road, Nottingham NG7 7AD
How much does this service cost?
- Initial assessment (including provision of personal nailcare pack) - £20
- Follow-up appointments - £15
What extra support do we offer?
- Help to access other services, including NHS services where appropriate
- An opportunity to meet and have a friendly chat whilst having a hot drink and biscuits
- Access to information booklets and leaflets