We offer free, independent, impartial and confidential money advice to people in later life, specifically tailored for your individual circumstances.

What is the Money Advice Service?

We offer money advice to enable you to manage your own money to help give you peace of mind. We do this by understanding your personal circumstances and helping to provide you with information and tools to help you manage your finances.

What do we offer?

We offer clear, unbiased information and advice in the following areas:

  • Budgeting advice
  • Benefits advice
  • Savings and investments
  • Credit and borrowing
  • Mortgages
  • Insurance

What extra support do we offer?

We can refer you for specialist advice for additional support with the following:

  • Completion of benefit claim forms
  • Financial advice regarding planning for the payment of care needs
  • Full range of Age UK Notts services which may be of relevance to your individual circumstances

Who is the service for?

Anyone aged 55+, their families and carers

Which area does this service cover?

Nottingham and Nottinghamshire

How is this service delivered?

  • In person via one-to-one sessions
  • Over the telephone

Where is this service delivered?

  • At our Head Office, Bradbury House, 12 Shakespeare Street, Nottingham NG1 4FQ.
    Various appointments are available during the week so please call for availability.
  • Telephone advice sessions.
    Various appointments are available during the week so please call for availability.

How much does this service cost?


Our contact details

For more information or to access this service, please contact:
t 0115 844 0011
e info@ageuknotts.org.uk

Alternatively, please write to us at:
Money Advice Service
Age UK Notts
Bradbury House
12 Shakespeare Street

Please be advised that as we don’t have a licence for debt counselling, we cannot advise on how to resolve problem debts which are regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. 
This includes debts such as credit cards, personal loans, hire purchase agreements (this will often include mobile phone and sometimes satellite/cable television contracts if the purchase of equipment/hardware is hire purchase), and catalogue accounts.   This also extends to advising a on how to reduce, write off, or challenge the liability of a debt which arises under a consumer credit agreement or hire purchase agreement. 
If this is relevant for your circumstances please contact either Stepchange or Citizens Advice who can provide debt management support.  
Stepchange : for telephone based support - 0800 138 1111
Citizens Advice Bureau  -    call 03444 111 444 or check where your local CAB is or check contact details via  https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Disclaimer – Important Note

We do not provide debt advice as part of our money advice service.

If you require advice or assistance in relation to a debt matter please contact:

Stepchange – they can telephone based support – Freephone 0800 138 1111.

OR contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau - Telephone 03444 111 444.

To check where your local CAB is and find out their contact details go to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

If you do not have a local CAB please call us on 0115 8440011 and we will help you to find local sources of help.