Our Charity Shops are dependent on your generous donations - have a good clear out of your home and support us
By donating high quality and unwanted items, you can raise money to help Age UK Notts to continue to support vulnerable older people.
We're always in need of good quality goods. If you have things you no longer use or you're spring cleaning your home, don't just throw them away! By donating your unwanted items to our charity shops, we can sell them to generate vital funds to transform the lives of older people.
Just one large bag of clothes will raise £20 for our charity - which could pay for two visits to a housebound older person's home by our visiting service.
Where you can donate
You can donate goods directly to two of our high street shops during opening hours: Monday to Saturday, 9am - 4pm.
West Bridgford shop
28a Gordon Road
t 0115 982 6008
26-28 Regent Street
t 01623 488209
What we can sell
West Bridgford shop
- Good quality, clean clothing and shoes (including vintage and retro items)
- Bags and accessories
- Jewellery and valuables
- Books, toys, and games
- Home wares: china, kitchenware, ornaments, picture and collectibles
- Soft furnishings: small rugs, linen, curtains (must be clean and in good condition)
- Knitted items and blankets
- Small furniture
- Furniture: suites, beds, bedroom and lounge furniture, dining sets (suites and beds must carry a fire label)
We can also take donations of pre-loved disability living aid equipment. Find out more
What we can't sell
- Mains powered electrical items
- Toys without CE label
- Medical equipment
- White goods e.g. cooker, washing machine, etc.
- Suites and beds without fire labels
- There are some other items that we can't sell for safety and legal reasons. If in doubt, please ask our charity shops before donating
Please donate anything else you think will raise money for Age UK Notts. Be imaginative! But if you are still unsure, please contact our charity shops.
Goods donation FAQs
Can Age UK Notts collect my donation from home?
If you are unable to bring in your unwanted items, we may be able to offer free collection on a case-by-case basis.
Please contact our West Bridgford shop on 0115 982 6008 or our Mansfield shop on 01623 488 209 to make arrangements.
I have donated an item by mistake, can I get it back?
We will do our best to return any item that you have donated to our shops by mistake. Please call our shops for advice.
Find out more about Friends & Supporters FAQs
We look forward to hearing from you, please contact us:
by calling us on 0115 844 0011
Using the below form (emails the Mansfield shop):