A Householder is someone who has a home in Oxford city with a spare room which they would like to offer to a Sharer and welcome them into their home.
They may want:
- To help the younger generation
- some help around the home (but not personal care)
- some companionship
- to have someone there at night
What are the costs?
From March 2018 the monthly fee paid to Homeshare Oxford by Householders is £100, which works out at just over £3 per day. The monthly fee paid to Homeshare Oxford by Sharers is £200. These fees pay for the setting up of the Homeshare arrangement, regular ongoing support from the local Homeshare team and enable Homeshare Oxford to be run as a sustainable scheme. The Sharer also pays a contribution to the Householder to cover a proportion of household bills.
Each month the Sharer pays a contribution to living costs (CLC) of £320:
- 60% (£192) of this goes to the Householder as a Use and Occupation Charge (UAO Charge) to go towards the extra costs of having a sharer
- 40% (£128) goes to the Homeshare Oxford Scheme. This monthly Membership fee supports the Homeshare Scheme going forward and enables the continued support of the match
(These amounts may change)
To find out all you need to know about being a Householder, please see our Householder Information Handbook.
Telephone: 01865 410670