A Householder is someone who has a home in Oxford city with a spare room which they would like to offer to a Sharer and welcome them into their home.
They may want:
- To help the younger generation
- some help around the home (but not personal care)
- some companionship
- to have someone there at night
How much does it cost?
We want to run Homeshare as a sustainable affordable scheme, so there are some costs involved:
- an application fee paid with the Application Form (£50 for Householder)
- a match fee - paid on successful completion of a match (£70)
Each month the Sharer pays a contribution to living costs (CLC) of £320:
- 60% (£192) of this goes to the Householder as a Use and Occupation Charge (UAO Charge) to go towards the extra costs of having a sharer
- 40% (£128) goes to the Homeshare Oxford Scheme. This monthly Membership fee supports the Homeshare Scheme going forward and enables the continued support of the match
(These amounts may change)
To find out all you need to know about being a Householder, please see our Householder Information Handbook.
Download the Householder Information Handbook (PDF 711KB)
Telephone: 01865 410670
Find us on Facebook and Twitter