Page Turners terms and conditions
- You are committing to an ongoing recurring monthly card donation to Age UK Trading CIC, a wholly owned trading subsidiary of Age UK, the national charity. Your first payment will be taken at the point of sign-up. Following this, monthly payments will be taken on the 22nd of the month. You will receive each book on a monthly basis after you make your payment. Your payment will continue until you cancel it.
- You can cancel, pause or amend your recurring card payment at any time by calling us on 0800 077 8751 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're also working on a new account management portal which we hope to launch soon. This will allow you to sign in and manage your own account with ease.
- You can change your delivery details or payment details at any time by calling us on 0800 077 8751 or email us at email@example.com. Please note that if you update your delivery address details after the 3rd of each month, the book delivered in the middle of that month will be sent to the previous address. Updating your card payment details will not affect this.
- If your first payment is made between the 15th and 22nd of the month, you will not be able to vote on the book for that month and will receive the book other Page Turners members have voted for that month.
- If your first payment is made after the 22nd, you will not be eligible to receive the book which is due to be shipped by the middle of the following month. You will receive your first book in the middle of the month after that one, and you will be able to vote on it.
- By signing up to Page Turners you are agreeing to receive information about the book club, including voting options, winning books, delivery dates and other content related to the books. Depending on the preferences you expressed when you signed up, we may also contact you about our fundraising appeals and opportunities to support us, as well as the products and services you can buy. We will never sell your data and we promise to keep your details safe and secure.
- Page Turners subscriptions can only be delivered to valid United Kingdom addresses.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of Page Turners, use of Page Turners, or access to Page Turners or any contact on the Age UK website, without express written permission by us.
- Up to £7.99 per single subscription will be used to cover the cost of the books and delivery of Page Turners. The remainder of your payment could help Age UK provide vital services to older people who need them. Age UK provides a range of services and your gift will go where the need is greatest. For the most up to date cost to run and maintain Page Turners, please contact us.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue Page Turners (or any part or content thereof).
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of Page Turners.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate account information for all payments set up. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and card details, so that we can complete your payments and contact you as needed.
- If you send certain specific submissions (for example book nominations) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of Page Turners or any related website. You may not use a false email address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms and Conditions by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or Page Turners following the posting of any changes to these Terms and Conditions constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- You are always in control of how you hear from us and you can change your mind at any time by calling us on 0800 077 8751. We’ll always protect your privacy and will never sell or swap your data with any third party. To find out more about how we safeguard your data, visit www.ageuk.org.uk/privacy.
- By subscribing to Page Turners you are confirming that you are over the age of 16 and able to commit to a recurring card payment each month.
Want to know more? You can call us on 0800 077 8751 (lines are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.