Zero hours contract basis- flexible part time working
£12 an hour plus 5% pension, holiday pay and mileage at 40p per mile
Age UK Richmond upon Thames is a local independent charity providing services and support to the local older people. Our services include information & advice; social centres; a home from hospital nightingale service and a range of home support services such as housekeeping, gardening and handyperson. Our services, staff and volunteers make a real difference to people’s lives.
Our useful handyperson service helps clients with a range of tasks including fitting key safes / grab rails; moving furniture; putting up shelves; fixing taps and repairing windows. We aim to help in any way we can. We charge our clients to use the service.
We are looking for skilled and capable individuals who will ideally come from a maintenance / handyperson background to join us on a zero hours contract basis. Successful candidates will be able to help with a range of tasks that may include:
- General DIY
- Basic plumbing
- General carpentry
- Moving furniture
- Fitting key safes
- Painting and decorating
- Assembling flat-pack furniture
- Basic electrics
You will also have to take payment, issue receipts and fill out basic paperwork.
- Possess good all round multi-trade skills and handyperson experience.
- Be able to think on their feet and problem solve
- Be happy to work alone
- Have good organisational skills
- Have good time management skills
- Fluent in English
- Hard working & physically fit
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Good customer service skills
- Full UK driving license with access to a vehicle.
- Have access to own range of tools
- Be reliable, trustworthy and conscientious
- Be looking to work at times that are between 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday.
- Live within a 30 minute drive of the borough of Richmond upon Thames- work can be throughout this borough including Barnes, Twickenham, Teddington, Ham and Whitton.
Please note that this is zero hour’s contract position. This arrangement may suit handypersons / handymen with existing businesses looking for extra work, or those looking for part time work. We can also consider self-employment if this suits better.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading local charity, and provide a valued service to the local community.
If you are interested please send some information about yourself to email@example.com or call 0203 326 9432 to talk to our Handyperson Coordinator.