Personal Independence Coordinator – Temporary cover, likely to be until September 2018
Hours – Approximately 21 per week by agreement - £14.15 per hour
We are seeking a temporary staff member to work alongside our Nightingale Service Manager, providing temporary cover until September.
The Nightingale Service provides support to people over the age of 65 living in the Borough of Richmond on their return home from hospital. The post holder will work with a highly skilled team and the individual to develop a personalised support plan.
The type of support we offer is wide ranging and depends on the persons specific needs, but includes for example organising or delivering:
- help around the home with housework or handyperson jobs
- assistance with managing money, such as welfare benefit checks and applying for grants for essential items
- assistance with arranging appointments and travel
We also provide information and advice to ensure the individual is given as many opportunities to improve the quality of their life and help keep them out of hospital.
You will manage a caseload of referrals from GPs, hospital discharge teams, RRRT team or other referrals.
- have a guided conversation with the client and, where appropriate, their families carers and referrers about their needs in order to identify support required:
- develop a holistic plan of support
- ensure the person gets the support/services they need working with other members of Age UK Richmond staff and other organisations as necessary.
The permanent post-holder works 21 hours a week but we are prepared to work around your availability. In turn, as we are currently unclear how long the cover will be for you will need to be flexible over how long you may be able to support us for.
You must have:
- Experience of working in a care related field e.g. Social care, health, therapeutic setting
- Ability to positively, clearly and sensitively communicate with older people
- Ability to acknowledge, respect and respond to individual differences and diversity requirements
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills and a collaborative approach
- Ability to problem solve in a positive, outcome focused way
- Be available for an immediate start
- A portable DBS check would be an advantage
- Access to own transport is essential for travel within the borough and surrounding areas.
If you have the skills we are looking for and you are available to start immediately please send :
- Your C.V.
- A covering letter detailing your suitability
- Two work related references, one from your previous or current employer
Applications must be received by 15th June 2018.
Applications by email to email@example.com or by hand delivery/post to:
Age UK Richmond upon Thames
Suite 301, 3rd Floor
London SW14 8LS