Groups which have been recently supported by Ambition for Ageing include:
- Rialto Ravers - a small group of residents who have developed social events for older people, including bingo, karaoke, high tea parties
- Longbow Knights - a group of residents who support older people to be less isolated and they have connected residents from different sheltered accomodations together and organised social events
- Roman Revellers - a group of residents who have developed an outdoor green space, growing their own produce, shrubs and flowers enabling them to be social and also improve their health and well-being
- Weaste Social Group - have worked together to improve their local neighbourhood
- Broughton Old Peoples Network - have developed a community green space for all residents - young and old
- Lombardy Social Group - A group of people aged 50+ with a shared passion for culture and architecture and as a group enjoy visiting places of interest and they also plan to work with residents to build friendships and improve neighbourhood links.
The groups supported by Ambition for Ageing include social groups, well-being groups, carers groups and also constituted groups.
If you live in Broughton, Langworthy or Weaste and Seedley, contact Vanda Groves on 0161 788 7300 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For other areas in Salford, please contact Andrea Whelan on 0161 743 3625 or email@example.com.