Age UK Sandwell is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce and throughout our services. Our aim is that our organisation will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee, volunteer and service user feels respected and able to participate to the best of their ability.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and those receiving our services and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, service users and volunteers will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees and volunteers will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
As a service provider, managing diversity enables Age UK Sandwell to respond effectively to the differing needs of older people in the wider community, respecting their customs, rights and dignity.
Our commitment to Equality & Diversity:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions
- of all are recognised and valued.
- Every employee and volunteer is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Equality within the organisation is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
We will review all our employment and service practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy by employees will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by senior management.
The policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.