Many older people are not claiming their full benefit entitlements, don't be one of them. In 2015/16 more than £6 billion in Pension Credit was claimed by people on low incomes to help cover their basic costs of living.
However, official figures released last month reveal that 4 in 10 pensioners could be missing out. More than £3.3 billion was unclaimed in 2015/16, an average annual amount of £2,000 for each entitled family who do not claim
Call us or drop into one of the local venues below and we can help you with benefit checks and new benefit applications.
- Help with completing forms for attendance allowance and other benefits.
- Advice on council tax and housing benefit.
- Advice on how to get help with housing repairs.
- How to keep your house warm and subsidised insulation deals.
- Housing options - sheltered, residential/nursing homes.
- Home visits are available by appointment to those with mobility limitations.
The service is available at the following venues:
Glebefields Library, Wednesbury Library, Blackheath Library and Wesley Church, High Street, West Bromwich.
These benefit checks are part of the Information and Advice service and you can find out more on the service page: