A selection of comments from older people who use our services. If you have used our services and would like to contribute to this page, please contact us using the details below.
Park Manor groups
- 'A good listening ear – share problems.'
- 'I like going to the lunch club because I enjoy meeting people in a friendly, relaxed environment. The food is very good and the organisers look after us very well. I enjoy playing bingo and the raffle and I wish we could stay for longer!!' - RH
- 'I like the nice food and friendly staff. The waiters/waitresses are really friendly, happy and helpful. The organisers are welcoming and always make a fuss of us which I like.' - MH
- 'I like coming to the lunch club because I like the food, the staff and the friendship.' - SA
- 'I like going to the lunch club as the staff, volunteers and organisers are really friendly and always make you feel welcome and wanted. We play dominoes, bingo and raffle, have a first class meal with good company - what more can you ask for in life?!' - MH
Information and advice service
'Best 'christmas' I've had in 30 years after moving to Cedar Court with help from Age UK Scarborough & District. A big thank you.'
'Helped to get in touch with Social Services who have put a care package in place. I am very happy with this and would not have done this without Age UK's help. Thank you very much.'
'Because you have kept my paperwork in order the lady from the Department of Work and Pensions was able to sort all my documentation out easily. Thank you for making this easy for Ron and myself.'
- 'My husband and myself are regular visitors to your Eastfield shop and we find that all the staff are warm and friendly and welcoming. Michelle feels nothing is too much trouble for her and is so considerate. I would like to express my sincere gratitude for the service you and your staff and volunteers give and continue to give to the community.' Mrs T