Fundraising Complaints procedure
How to Raise Your Concerns
1. Where your concerns relate to fundraising, you should initially contact Age Scotland through our complaints co-ordinator. If you are not satisfied with the initial response, contact the Chief Executive in writing. If you are not satisfied with this response, contact Age Scotland’s Trustees. We will endeavour to resolve your concern as promptly and as amicably as possible. We will acknowledge your query within 14 days, investigate your concern within 3 months and advise you promptly of the outcome.
2. If these options do not meet your concerns, contact the FRSB Office for Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Scottish Fundraising Standards Panel will investigate your complaint and report their findings to you within 30 days. If you are still dissatisfied, you can ask the Board of Directors of the Fundraising Standards Board to look again at your complaint. Their decision will be made within 60 days and will be final. Age Scotland agrees to abide by decisions made by the FRSB Board.
3. Where your concerns relate to Public Collections, contact the Local Authority Licensing Officer or the Police.
4. Where your concerns relate to the following you should contact OSCR, the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator:
- dishonest handling of funds
- misapplication of charitable funds
- actions that contravene Age Scotland’s trust deed or charity law
- actions that threaten to bring Age Scotland into disrepute
Causewayside House, 160 Causewayside
Edinburgh, EH9 1PR
Tel: 0333 32 32 400
Contact us online
Other Contact Details
Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB)
FRSB Scotland and Northern Ireland
22A/1 Calton Road
Edinburgh EH8 8DP
Tel: 0845 688 9894
Visit FRSB website
OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator)
Tel: 01382 220446
Visit OSCR website