Homebased (must reside north of central belt)
21 hours per week
Fixed Term through to 31/07/2024
Salary £26,500 pa pro rata
Age Scotland is the national charity for older people. We work to improve the lives of everyone over the age of 50 so that they can love later life.
We support and enable hundreds of community and older people’s groups across Scotland. We provide information, friendship and advice through our free helpline and publications. We tackle loneliness and isolation with our Friendship Line and much more.
We work in Scotland with older people’s groups who provide vital activities and services for older people in their local community. We campaign on the issues that older people tell us are important to them.
Our Information & Project team are looking for a part time Energy Trainer to:
- To develop and deliver online (zoom) and face-to-face energy advice workshops for older people in Scotland and those who support them.
- Workshops will promote awareness of issues including:
- Facts and myths about energy efficiency
- The health-related impacts of living in a cold home
- Specialist support such as the priority services register and warm home discount
- New developments including smart meters, scams and fire safety and carbon monoxide regulations
- Energy tariff, shopping around and current schemes to promote energy efficient homes
- Sustainable living
- The information and advice available from Age Scotland
- Share the administration and delivery of social security online and face-to-face training.
- Training corporate partners about the issues people face in later life.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative feedback for project evaluation.
- Support the development of Age Scotland’s energy related information resources.
This is a home-based role, therefore the successful candidate will be required to have a suitable work space with a good broadband connection. IT equipment will be provided.
In return for your expertise and commitment to our values you’ll receive a generous holiday allowance, a range of learning and development opportunities, optional healthcare benefits and a contributory pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 9%.
If you have the skills, experience and ambition required to fulfil this role, then please apply now.
Full details of the role are available below. Please contact email@example.com with any queries about this role.
Please complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form below and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 1st June 2022.
Interviews will take place via Zoom (video conferencing software) on Monday 13th June 2022.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch at email@example.com.