Skip to content

Finding and using health services

  • NHS services

    The health and social care of older people across Scotland follows a fairly standard pattern. The first point of contact is usually the GP who will refer an individual to an appropriate support service where necessary.
  • Dental care

    Health Boards maintain lists of dentists in their area who do NHS work. This dental list is available at the offices of your Health Board and may also be found in libraries and offices.
  • NHS continuing care

    The Scottish Government guidance states that NHS Continuing Healthcare is ‘a package of care provided by and solely funded by the NHS’.
  • NHS feedback and complaints

    If we are dependent on an NHS service for our health and well-being, complaining can make us feel vulnerable. However NHS Scotland explicitly welcomes feedback from service users

Call the Age Scotland helpline

0800 4 708090 0800 4 708090