We use cookies to give you the best experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our policy. Read more about how we use cookies and find out how you can change your browser's cookie setting
Skip to content
Please donate

Coronavirus and Care

Some temporary changes have been made to social care because of Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Due to the Coronavirus epidemic, many councils have made changes to their provision of care and support at home services, to try to prioritise those who are at the greatest risk without them.

Councils must still do as much as possible to meet people’s assessed care needs. This includes looking at the ‘ability and willingness to provide care’ of any unpaid carers you may have, and considering whether technology can be used to support you, for example personal alarms, telephone calls or communicating with you via well-known messaging apps.

Below are some of the questions that our helpline has been answering most frequently. 

It can be hard to know where to turn for advice. If there's something we can help with or you're not sure where to turn, contact our helpline today. Call us Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm on 0800 12 44 222 or email us.

Become part of our story

Sign up to our email newsletter

Back to top