What Brexit means for Scotland's older population
In 2016, our sister charity Age UK set out policy priorities for Brexit. As the UK Government’s stated date for leaving the European Union approaches, i.e. 31 October 2019, uncertainty remains over many of these priorities which profoundly affect the day to day lives of older people.
We seek the new UK Government’s answers to 10 questions, whether or not a withdrawal agreement is negotiated and how they will guarantee the rights of all older people living in Scotland.
We are asking for reassurances on several key themes that we believe will have an impact on older people:
- Sustaining older citizens’ rights and freedoms
- Certainty and security for older EU citizens living in the UK
- Certainty and security for older UK citizens living in the EU
- Sustaining the Scottish and UK healthcare systems
- Consumer protection for older consumers
If you'd like to find out more, contact our Policy, Communications and Campaigns team on 0333 323 2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org