Dementia Inclusion Training
We offer free dementia inclusion training to clubs, groups and community organisations, designed to support you to carry out your activities in ways which enable people living with dementia to be included and involved as fully as possible.
Currently, we run scheduled courses on the following topics:
- Dementia and befriending
- Making online activities dementia inclusive
- Making the home an dementia enabling environment
- Dementia, wellbeing and mood
- Communication and dementia
- Dementia: Prevention and living well
- Coming out of Covid: Supporting people affected by dementia
- Dementia inclusion and the LGBT+ community
Please see the Age Scotland dementia training calendar for more details and to book a place on one of our forthcoming courses.
We can also create a bespoke inclusion course for your organsation, club or group focusing on the particular issues that you face in providing dementia inclusive activities. We have already worked with a wide range of organisations and projects - from Scottish country dance groups, community cinema and intergenerational projects to bowling and walking football clubs.
Whatever you do, if you want to make your activities more inclusive of people living with dementia, please talk to us about whether we could deliver training to support this.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org