Through the Veteran’s Project Age Scotland is enhancing its services and activities to better address the needs and interests of veterans aged 65 and older living in Scotland, and their families.
- Boosting the ability of our helpline team to support older veterans and their families
- Offering a suite of free advice guides to older veterans
- Training community groups and services in older veteran awareness
- Supporting older veterans to be more physically active within their groups and clubs
- Influencing public policy alongside our Unforgotten Forces partners
Project inbox: email@example.com
Team Lead – Doug Anthoney
Switchboard: 0333 32 32 400 or Mobile: 077122 333 68 / Email: Doug.Anthoney@agescotland.org.uk
Health Promotion Officer - Rachel Connor
Email: Rachel.Connor@agescotland.org.uk or Mobile: 07917243162
Veterans’ Policy Issues – Adam Stachura
Direct line: 0131 668 8050 / Email: Adam.Stachura@agescotland.org.uk
The Unforgotten Forces Partnership
Unforgotten Forces is a partnership of 16 leading organisations including Age Scotland which is delivering a range of new services and enhancements for older veterans living in Scotland. These services cover areas such as advice, access to healthcare, social isolation, respite, along with creative activities and events for those in care settings.
You can find out more about the contribution these partners are making to Unforgotten Forces at the Poppyscotland website.
The Unforgotten Forces consortium has been awarded £4 million of funding from the Aged Veterans Fund, an HM Treasury grant-giving body which distributes funding from LIBOR banking fines. The money will be used over next three years from July 2017 to improve the coordination of existing provision and introduce new services aimed at supporting aged veterans.