Through the Veteran’s Project Age Scotland is enhancing its services and activities to better address the needs and interests of veterans aged 65 and older living in Scotland, and their families.
- Giving our helpline adviser specialist knowledge of veterans’ rights and entitlements
- Making referrals from our Helpline to Unforgotten Forces partners where appropriate
- Adding veteran specific content to library of information and advice publications
- Building the capacity and confidence of older people’s groups and services to involve and support veterans
- Informing veterans in their groups and clubs about support we and our partners offer
- Raising issues affecting older veterans with parliamentarians and decision makers
Project inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Lead and South of Scotland Community Development – Doug Anthoney
Switchboard: 0333 32 32 400 or Mobile: 077122 333 68 / Email: Doug.Anthoney@agescotland.org.uk
Community Development Officer North of Scotland – Steve Henderson
Veterans’ Policy Issues – Adam Stachura
Direct line: 0131 668 8050 / Email: Adam.Stachura@agescotland.org.uk
The Unforgotten Forces Partnership
Unforgotten Forces is a partnership of 16 leading organisations including Age Scotland which is delivering a range of new services and enhancements for older veterans living in Scotland. These services cover areas such as advice, access to healthcare, social isolation, respite, along with creative activities and events for those in care settings.
You can find out more about the contribution these partners are making to Unforgotten Forces at the Poppyscotland website.
The Unforgotten Forces consortium has been awarded £4 million of funding from the Aged Veterans Fund, an HM Treasury grant-giving body which distributes funding from LIBOR banking fines. The money will be used over next three years from July 2017 to improve the coordination of existing provision and introduce new services aimed at supporting aged veterans.