Training to support older veterans
Older veterans awareness
If you work or volunteer with a community group or service, our free half-day workshop will enable you to identify those in the older population who are, sometimes unknown to themselves, considered UK veterans or veterans' dependants. It will offer insight into military life and culture, and introduce you to a range of extra entitlements and support for older members of the ex-service community. Next dates:
- Tuesday 25 January 2022, 14:00-16:30hrs (Click to book)
- Tuesday 22 February 2022, 14:00-16:30hrs (Click to book)
- Tuesday 22 March 2022, 9:30-12:00hrs (Click to book)
Unforgotten Forces induction
This half-day workshop is for paid staff and volunteers in organisations that belong to, or work closely with, the Unforgotten Forces partnership. The session aims to:
- Facilitate working relationships and promote collaboration.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Unforgotten Forces partner services.
- Develop participant’s capability to make appropriate and effective referrals to Unforgotten Forces partner organisations.
- Introduce the Unforgotten Forces approach to evaluation and communications.
Participants will be asked to do a short e-learning module in advance (approximately half and hour to complete). The workshop presumes prior awareness of veterans: if you would like to particpate but have no previous experience of veterans, it is recommended that you first attend an Older Veterans Awareness workshop. Next events:
About our workshops
All workshops are delivered online using the free Zoom app. All that’s needed is a laptop / computer / tablet / smartphone and an internet connection. We do the rest! If you have any questions about how the training will work please don't hesitate to email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like bespoke workshops for a staff and (or) volunteer group of 4 or more people in your organisation we may be able to arrange that specifically for you: please contact us: email@example.com.