It is estimated that there are 24,000 people aged 65 or over living in poverty in Sheffield. And 12,000 older Sheffielders who are always or often lonely. Our vision, mission and values are dedicated to change that.
For a city in which no older person lives in poverty or loneliness.
For every person in Sheffield to approach later life with independence, dignity, and a sense of wellbeing; and for Age UK Sheffield to be recognised as a vital part of Sheffield’s infrastructure in support of the needs of the city’s older people.
• We are honest, authentic, inclusive and accessible;
• We trust the customers we support and their voices;
• We are a trustworthy organisation, which is able to develop and lead;
• We trust each other to take responsibility, be accountable and responsive to change;
• We care about our customers, their needs and wellbeing;
• We care about the quality of the services and support we offer;
• We care about being fair and considerate in the way we provide services;
• We care for our communities we serve and their needs;
• We care about our reputation for achieving the best results and outcomes for older people.
• We aim to empower older people to make choices about their lives;
• We practice and promote equal opportunity and diversity;
• We aim to support staff and volunteers to grow and achieve their potential;
• We will embrace new ideas and positive and safe risk taking.