Age UK Solihull are working in partnership and voluntary organisation, Solihull Sustain for the sixth year in a row to bring to you our 'Out of Africa' Charity Ball 2018.
You can also fill out our online booking form above. Please note, this is not a form of payment.
- Date: Friday 13 July 2018
- Deadline to book: Friday 15 June 2018
- Price: £45 per person / £400 for a table of 10 (£50 saving). Ticket price includes a welcome drink, a sophisticated three-course meal, musical entertainment, a night of fundraising and more!
- Location: St Johns Hotel, Warwick Road, Solihull, B91 1AT
- Time: 7:00pm
Alternatively please call the Fundraising Team on 0121 704 7842 or email email@example.com
What is the 'Out of Africa' Charity Ball?
It is Age UK Solihull and, voluntary organisation, Solihull Sustain's biggest event of the year. You can celebrate and experience a bit of Africa in Solihull!
What can I expect on the night?
- A red carpet entrance into the St Johns Hotel in Solihull.
- A welcome drink on arrival.
- Fundraising during the night - raffle, silent and live auction (you can bid for unforgettable experiences, in previous years this has included: the use of a Maserati for the weekend, behind the scenes tour of Birmingham Airport, a signed football from Aston Villa Football Club and more!).
- Three course meal - please advise us of dietary requirements for yourself or anyone in your party.
- Game of heads and tails - another chance to be in with a chance to win a wonderful prize.
- Live musical entertainment.
- We’ll give you a brief update on our achievements and you can participate in our live auction and raffle to raise funds for the older people we support as well as other charities in Solihull.
How much are tickets?
- £45 per person
- £400 for a table of 10 people
How do I buy tickets?
- Cheques should be made payable to 'Age UK Solihull'
- If you would like to pay online via bank transfer, please contact us
- You can also pay using your credit or debit card in person, or over the telephone.
Address to send cash or cheques to: Fundraising Team, Age UK Solihull, The Core, Central Library Building, Homer Road, Solihull, B91 3RG.
Online or telephone payments: call us on, 0121 704 7842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will send your tickets in due course.
Do we have to wear fancy dress?
It is up to you whether you and your party decide to wear fancy dress. The majority of our guests tend to wear dinner suits and dresses.
When is the last date for ticket purchases?
Tickets must be booked by Friday 15 June 2018.
I would like to sit next to my friends/colleagues, how do I arrange that?
If you are purchasing tickets individually, we would ask you to send names of the people that want to sit together no later than Friday 15 June 2018 to email@example.com or call us on 0121 704 7842.
Can children attend the ball?
Because of the timing and nature of the event, children below the age of 18 years will not be admitted into the ball.
Is there accommodation available on the night?
St Johns Hotel have rooms available.
Will you serve African food?
No. We will serve a three course dinner from the set menu at St Johns Hotel.
Starter: Moroccan Tarlet with a Crisp Salad (v)
Main: Due of Lamb - Pressed Spiced Shoulder and Seared Rump (served slightly pink) with Fondant Potato, Warm Bean, Freekah Salad and Mint Yoghurt.
Pre-ordered vegetarian main: Butternut and Aubergine Tagine with Cous Cous (v)
Dessert: Mojito Cheesecake (v) (contains alcohol)
Pre-ordered dessert option: Fruit Salad with Ginger Ice Cream (v)
I have special dietary requirements, will you cater for that?
The hotel can cater to your dietary requirements. Please let us know of any dietary requirements of yourself or your guests, by Friday 15 June 2018.
Call us on 0121 704 7842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I book a table before I have the names of all my guests?
If you purchase a table in your name, we will need to know the names of the guests by Friday 15 June 2018. Please let us know by emailing email@example.com or call 0121 704 7842.