"Since attending the classes I've noticed my stiff joints have improved, I have more energy and don't want to sit down so much." Anna - Sholing
Have you had a fall recently or noticed that:
- Your mobility has slowed down?
- You have lost some strength?
- You find everyday activity more difficult?
- You have increased stiffness in your joints and loss of balance?
- You feel more tired?
All these symptoms are normal but can create an increased risk of falls.
The Falls Revolution Programme might be just the thing for you if you're looking to further reduce the risk of falling.
What is the Falls Revolution Programme?
This programme provides low-cost exercise classes led by specialist trained Level 4 Postural Stability Instructors.
Each class will run for a minimum of 12 weeks and is designed to help reduce the risk of you experiencing a further fall.
The Falls Revolution Programme is a continuation and progression of the exercises you will have already undertaken.
- Support to address other issues that have the potential to impact on your Quality of Life; this could include, for example, a financial well-being check, or provision of an Age UK Southampton home-visitor if you live on your own and feel lonely or isolated
- Sloppy Slipper Exchange, opportunity for us to replace your poorly fitted or worn slippers that may cause you to fall
- Support beyond the 12 week programme to continue to improve your mobility
You can only be referred by the NHS Community Independence Service who will assess your suitability to join our Falls Revolution Programme by completing a comprehensive Falls Assessment.
Investing in your health
A suggested contribution of £3.50 towards the cost of running these classes is requested, payable each week, or if preferred, £42 as a single contribution for the whole 12 week programme.
If you are unable to access public transport or attend the classes without support, we can organise assisted transport at an additional cost. This will be discussed with you when booking.
Where and when are classes held?
Monday afternoons (not including Bank Holidays) at:
The Ropewalk, Derby Road, Southampton SO14 0DJ.
Classes run from 1:30-3:30
Tuesday mornings at:
Graylings Court, Beechfield Court, Off Regents Park Road, Shirley, Southampton SO15 8SL
Classes run from 11:00-1:00
Thursday afternoons at:
Fairfax Court, Community Room, Hinkler Road, Thornhill, Southampton SO19 6FU.
Classes run from 1:00-3:00
Friday mornings at:
Bassett Green Court, Bassett Green Village, Southampton SO16 3FH.
Classes run from 11:00-1:00
This programme is funded by Southampton City Clinical Commissioning Group (SCCCG) in partnership with Saints Foundation and supported by Southampton City Council Supported Housing team.