To provide support for people with hearing loss. There is currently a Kendal-based Hearing Loss Service Support Volunteer team and the role will involve working closely as part of this group. As a part of the development of this service, we would like to extend it to other areas of South Lakeland, to attending our own events and other venues where we are invited to attend. Sign up to volunteer now
Tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide information and advice about hearing loss.
- To have demonstration equipment available for clients to look at.
- To refer clients to other organizations where appropriate.
- To supply batteries for NHS hearing aids.
- Possibly clean and re-tube hearing aids.
- Possibly assist with the Tinnitus Drop in and Support group.
Contact us to find out more
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to talk to you further.