Compass in Cumbria is a groundbreaking way of linking the Third Sector, Social Care and Health together providing a connected and holistic service for the residents of Cumbria.
Our Helpline acts as one stop shops for independent information and advice for anyone in Cumbria who is aged 50 and over. Where a client could benefit from more assistance, we arrange a home visit by one of our Case Workers to provide face to face support and complete a holistic assessment of needs - with our staff supporting people to improve their health and wellbeing and maintain independence.
To contact our Helpline - for anyone who is aged 50 and over - call 030 300 30003
Dedicated and specialist officers take each call in confidence. We’ll make sure that everything’s covered so you get the right information and advice. And we’re often able to give answers and solutions there and then.
We get calls about so many things and we deal with hundreds of different questions. If needed, we’ll arrange for one of our case workers to make a follow-up call. Or we might decide, together, that it would be better for a partnership organisation to get in touch.
- General well-being – helping tackle feelings of depression or loneliness; feeling worried or struggling to relax; dealing with bereavement
- Income and employment – checking people are claiming all the benefits to which they are entitled, helping with money management
- Housing – help and advice for those who are struggling to manage their home or feel unsafe
- Social isolation – for those who feel unhappy with the level of contact they have with friends and family or who need help accessing local activities
- Leaving hospital – making sure people are safe and supported in the first few weeks after they leave hospital
- Health – reducing the risk of falling at home, general health advice and help with staying fit and active
- Aids and adaptations – equipment or minor adaptation needs in the home to help with mobility / daily living
All of our leaflets and guides are stored on Compass in Cumbria eHub. It is an information sharing website used by most of the third sector organisations in South Lakeland, so you are bound to find the information you need.
Search what services individual Organisatons offer.
Search what events, activities, groups are on in your area.
Find useful information in your area.
Factsheets and Guides
The latest booklets and information guides to keep you up to date.
Browse Volunteering Opportunities across South Cumbria.
Find out more about current Vacancies
Learn more about the Organisations who have already signed up
To find out more, please ring our helpline on 030 300 30003, or email email@example.com.
Age UK South Lakeland is in no way responsible for any person, agency or business on these lists or for the work carried out by them, and them being on this list does not constitute a recommendation from us.
Contact us to find out more
If you have any questions and would like to know more, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to talk to you further.