We offer a wide range of quality services, from supporting you to stay independent, safe and warm in your own home to keeping fit and providing extensive social opportunities. Our services are for anyone in South Lakeland who is aged 50 or above and their carers. To read more about each of our services, choose from the options below.
Who is this for?
Anybody over 50.
What is available?
Age UK South Lakeland Helpline
Our helpline is a ‘one-stop shop’ for all of your questions and problems which will also help you to reach the rest of our services.
A dedicated phone number and specialist officers take each call in confidence. We will make sure that everything is covered so you receive the most appropriate information and advice and we are often able to give answers and solutions there and then.
We receive calls about a wide range of topics and we deal with hundreds of different questions. If needed, we will arrange for one of our Officers to make a follow-up call, or decide together, that it would be better for a partnership organisation to get in touch.
Call us on 030 300 30003
Our Information and Advice Service
Compass has the simple but ambitious objective of reducing pressure on hospitals caused by avoidable emergency admissions. To do this effectively we need to identify clients most at risk of emergency admissions. Our experience of delivering prevention services and latterly Social Prescribing means we know that whilst the client’s health is a prime indicator of “risk” we need to consider the whole picture – a 360 degree view.
Advice and Support
- Getting back to normal
- Improving your income
- Coping with an illness or disability
- Making your home safe and warm
- Enabling you to stay safe and independent in your own home
- Minor aids and adaptations
- Energy supplier advice
- Advocacy service
- Be confident using your laptop, tablet or mobile phone
Health and Welfare
- Falls awareness - working with you to make sure you don’t have a fall
- Support for hearing impaired people - a drop-in service to help you make the most of your hearing
- Friends exchange visiting & telephone service
- Power of attorney support
Activities and Events
- Lunch clubs - Friends old and new, meeting in a great local restaurant, hotel or pub
- Men's activities - It's about getting together with like minded people
- Gentle exercises - Staying fit
Home and Care
- Staying independent
- Housing options
- Accessing support at home
- Moving to a care home
IT Support and Getting Online
- IT Drop in
- Digital inclusion
Where and when?
Age UK South Lakeland
17 Finkle Street
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Contact us to find out more
If you have any questions or would like to know more, please feel free to contact us, and we will be happy to talk to you further.
Our Commitment to Equality & Diversity
Age UK South Lakeland recognises that every person is an individual with different needs, preferences and abilities. We value difference and welcome diversity - both in our workforce and in our services. Download our statement to learn more.