Between April - August 2021, anyone who has completed at least 1 day of military service or National Service can get support from us, Monday to Friday.
What support is available?
- Home deliveries of essential items
- Home deliveries of books, magazines, newspapers, activity packs
- Wellbeing telephone calls – checking in on how you are
- 1 to 2 hours support at home by experienced trained staff to support you with activities of your choice
- Collect/deliver prescriptions
- Meal delivery
- Signposting to other organisations
- Help find professionals to undertake emergency home repairs
How to get support
We accept both self-referrals and referrals from outside organisations.
To get support, please contact:
Jenny Bell - 07919 167758
Help us spread the word! Tell your friends, family, colleagues or neighbours about our services.
Veterans Should Not Be Forgotten is funded through The Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust, who announced the launch of an emergency programme in April 2020, funded by HM Treasury from the new £10M Veterans Fund.
At Age UK Staffordshire, our wide range of services and wonderful team of volunteers and staff mean we can offer great practical and community support for our local veterans during COVID-19.
We've adapted our activities and services to ensure our clients, volunteers and staff stay safe during COVID-19. This includes following Government guidance on measures such as social distancing, cleaning and PPE (personal protective equipment).