Age UK is Joining Forces with the MoD and SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity, to help veterans born before 1950 and their families and carers.
Supporting older veterans to access the assistance they need
- Are you a veteran?
- Have you served one day or more in the British Armed Forces, Merchant Navy or done National Service?
- Were you born before 1950?
The Joining Forces Veterans Project provides you with a range of activities and services to meet your needs right here in Sunderland. These include:
- An Information and Advice service including support with benefits
- An programme of activities created around your interests, not just promoting health and well-being but looking at support and social groups too
- Befriending and bereavement support services
Click here to view the Joining Forces Poster
Click here to sign up to the Veterans email newsletter
Click here to view the Joining Forces Article
For further information about the Joining Forces Project please contact:
Information and Advice Service
Age UK Sunderland
Phone: 0191 514 1131