Are you living with or beyond cancer? If so, we are here to help.
"I feel more in control of my health and wellbeing"
Living Well and Beyond Cancer is a national transformation project which aims to improve patient experience by introducing a combination of interventions that can improve outcomes and co-ordination of care for patients.
Age UK Sunderland are working with The Northern Cancer Alliance to help improve the experience of people living with and beyond cancer by providing a range of interventions to support those affected to live well with their diagnosis.
Age UK can support with:
- Improved Lifestyle Choices & Social Support
- Attaining help with dealing with the emotional impact of a cancer diagnosis
- Financial advice
- Access to activities to improve Physical Health
- Advocacy services to give people with a diagnosis a voice
- Support in the completion of Health Needs Assessments (HNAs)
We want everyone who is diagnosed with cancer to live well after a diagnosis and believe everyone should experience high quality cancer care and support.
- Getting your support in a way and place that works for you
- Tailored support packages for you and those close to you
- Support to manage your recovery yourself.
If you have a cancer diagnosis a member of our Living Well Link Team can visit you in your home or community setting and offer practical person centred holistic support interventions to help you feel more in control of your health and wellbeing.
If you can spare an hour or two each week, your help could make all the difference. If you would like to join our friendly team of volunteers, we would be delighted to hear from you.
For further information about the Living Well and Beyond Cancer service please contact:
Living Well Link Team
Age UK Sunderland
Phone: 0191 514 1131