Full time 35 hours per week, £25,480 per annum
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract (with potential for extension)
Age UK Sutton are working in collaboration with the West London Cancer Alliance on a Target Lung Programme Partners to deliver a coordinated and high-quality service to support residents' access and engagement with their Lung Health screening programme.
The project aims to increase awareness and uptake of the lung health checks by empowering local people to take control of their lung health by increasing participation in targeted lung health checks by those aged 55-75 who are smokers or ex-smokers and increase awareness of the higher risk of lung cancer for this group and the benefit of attending the lung health check to intervene early.
The purpose of the role will be to:
- Communicate and actively delivering the key messages of the Targeted Lung Health Programme to local residents through a programme of roadshows, events, talks and public engagement.
- Co-produce information materials to inform and advise local residents and the wider third sector.
- Contribute to the education of the wider health and wellbeing alliance network, including community health champions' network.
- Support identified clients with barriers to accessing the screening programme as appropriate.
- Identify wrap around support for those who need it following Lung Health screening.
- Contribute to the development of the service.
How to apply
We use a recruitment platform called Hireful to provide a smooth candidate experience. Candidates are invited to apply by uploading a CV and supporting statement. You can find the link to apply below.
Your supporting statement should relate to the person specification for the role in order to give you the best opportunity to provide clear examples of your experience that demonstrate your skills and knowledge.
Candidates are warmly invited to arrange an informal discussion with the recruiting manager, before submitting their application, which can be arranged by contacting Charlotte Butcher, Business Support Officer:
Please note that CVs not accompanied by a supporting statement will not be considered.
Closing date: Midnight, Sunday 10 October 2021
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 18th October 2021