To pass the next couple of weeks in lockdown, why not give our bingo challenge a try?!
By doing something small everyday for yourself, it could help make this lockdown a little more positive!
There 9 different challenges on the bingo cards. Once you have completed one of the challenges, tick it off and move on to the next one.
Here are some ideas for each challenge:
Try something new:
- You could try a new activity, walk a different route on your daily walk to the shops or your exercise route.
Do something on your admin list:
- Sort that old paperwork out
- Clear out a drawer that you have been meaning to
- Organise a drawer/cupboard
- Do some DIY that you have been meaning to do
- Tidy up the garden ready for winter
- Cook a new recipe for dinner
- Watch an art programme
- Create a window box with winter plants
Connect with Nature:
- If you have a garden, step out into the garden for 10 minutes
- Feed the birds from a bird feeder, you could get one that attaches to a window if you don’t have a garden.
- Go out for walk and see if you can spot any local wildlife
- Watch a nature programme
Try a relaxation self care programme
Try a breathing exercise to help relax
You could look on youtube for a 10 minute meditation session
Try the 54321 technique
Sit down in your favourite chair and observe the following:
Do something you used to love:
- As Bob Dylan says “Take care of all your memories, for you cannot relive them.”
- Look through some old photographs
- Watch your favourite tv programme or film
- Sing your favourite song
- Re-read your favourite book
- Call an old work colleague/neighbour that reminds you of happy times
- Write down a story of when you were younger that you can share with your family
Reconnect with someone:
- Whilst we are staying at home, use the time to get in touch with an old friend
- Write to a relative or friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Pick up the phone and call someone you have been meaning to call.
- Do something you enjoy doing for yourself-
- Make your favourite drink and enjoy it
- Have a relaxing bath
- Paint your nails
- Buy your favourite biscuits or favourite treat when you shop
Give back to the community
- Sort through some clothes that you could donate to charity
- Make a donation to a charity that means something to you
- Look for volunteering opportunities in your community
- Offer to help a friend
- Check on your neighbour and have a chat!