Could you help a lonely older person to meet new people, make new friends and connect with the wider community?
Volunteer Community Connectors support and empower clients to gain a social and support network they can connect with, independently of the volunteer.
- Visiting or meeting clients regularly (usually weekly)
- Getting to know the client and learning about their life and interests
- Being proactive in researching and exploring opportunities with clients
- Accompanying clients to groups and activities
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are compassionate, patient and caring
- Have a warm and friendly manner
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and active listening skills
- Understand the importance of empowering clients and facilitating independence
Please see the Role Profile for more details about the role