Welcome and Information Volunteers are the first point of contact for older people, their families, carers and other professionals accessing our service.
- Responding to initial enquiries via the helpline, in person and email
- Providing excellent customer care
- Spending time investigating, exploring and understanding the enquiry
- Assisting clients with information requests, providing sources with accuracy
- Allocating clients for triage (as appropriate)
- Recording and updating client records on the charity database
- Liaising with the Community Support Manager on client cases
- Completing online feedback forms at the end of each session
- Participating in learning and development sessions as required
- Participating in support and supervision sessions as required.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Are reliable, honest and trustworthy
- Are comfortable volunteering in a busy role and environment
- Enjoy face to face and telephone contact with people
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and active listening skills
- Understand the challenges faced by some older people
- Are patient, non-judgemental and open-minded
- Are able to communicate professionally via email
- Are able to enter accurate records into a database
- Are able to research information on the internet
- Are able to complete online feedback forms
- Are willing to attend training and support sessions (in person, via video or online)
- Are willing to follow Age UK Sutton policies and procedures including professional boundaries, safeguarding, equality and diversity, confidentiality, data protection and health and safety.
This role is open to volunteers who are a minimum of 18 years old and is subject to an enhanced DBS (Criminal Record) check.
Please see the Role Profile for more details about the role