Step Up Falls Prevention volunteer with Age UK Tameside
- Set up the activity room and/or dance studio
- Assist clients to get to the activity room and/or dance studio from Reception
- Join in classes and encourage clients to take part
- Assist clients with mobility and posture issues during classes so they get the most out of the exercises
- Prepare refreshments and snacks after classes
- Assist clients to leave the activity room and/or dance studio and make their way to Reception
This is how our Step Up Falls Prevention Programme transforms the lives of older people:
“I attend classes in the community; a member of staff came to do an assessment and was very thorough and helpful. She was caring and sincere and I'm taking all her advice on board. Thank you Age UK.” Step Up Programme Client.
“Staff come across as being caring with a lovely attitude; they are very understanding and helpful.” Step Up Programme Home Assessment Client.