Befriending Services Support Worker
Location: Teesside / Redcar and Cleveland
Responsible to: Befriending Services Coordinator
Hours: 21 hours/3 days per week
Salary: £15615.96 FTE
To assist in the delivery of Age UK Teesside’s befriending services. The post holder will work closely with the Befriending Services Coordinator and the volunteer team to assess new and existing client’s requirements around befriending and help facilitate their engagement within new networks to alleviate the effects of loneliness and social isolation. They will also be responsible for assisting in the development and promotion of the Befriending Service working in close partnership with other local services.
- To conduct home visits to new and existing clients to review their ability to access the wider community and improve home based networks where appropriate.
- To develop a strong working relationship with existing volunteers to best serve the befriending clients.
- To redirect unsuitable befriending clients to the Community Agents and / or other appropriate services
- To promote and appropriately develop the project
- Liaise appropriately with external agencies
- To keep accurate records and ensure the database is updated
- Be aware of Health and Safety issues
- Comply with Data Protection
- Comply with Lone Working Protocols
To attend and participate in internal/external meetings, as appropriate
Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated guidance, it is the duty of all staff while at work to take adequate care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
To work with other staff to ensure appropriate customer care is provided at all times.
To develop a personal knowledge base on Age UK Teesside to underpin effective working.
All staff are required to work within Age UK Teesside’s policies, ensuring these are carried out in relation to the job e.g. confidentiality, equal opportunities etc.
The post may involve occasional evening and weekend work for which time in lieu can be claimed.
The above list is not exhaustive and you will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required.
A full driving license and access to a vehicle will be essential to carrying out the duties of the role.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure application with the Disclosure & Barring service (DBS).