Location: Stockton-on Tees
Reporting to: Health & Wellbeing Team Leader
Hours: 19.5 hours per week –Tues/Wed/Thurs
Fixed Term till end of March 2019 with possible extension
Salary: £9.13 per hour
Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
To visit clients in their homes and to complete a health & well-being assessment of their physical and mental needs. To complete a Warwick-Edinburgh Well-Being assessment, identifying clients’ interests and assisting them to access activities in the community relevant to their interests.
To introduce volunteer befrienders to clients and to support them in their relationship development. To support volunteer befrienders in assisting clients with similar interests to establish small neighbourhood groups amongst themselves.
To assist in identifying activities for clients and establishing regular groups in community venues and supporting with the service delivery.
- To visit clients in their own homes being accompanied by a fellow worker or volunteer.
- To complete the health & well-being questionnaire and Warwick – Edinburgh questionnaire with clients and to input this information onto Charitylog.
- To complete initial screening with clients and to then refer them to their GP or relevant healthcare professionals for further support as appropriate.
- To monitor the progress of clients’ throughout their journey with the service including a final assessment at the end of the programme.
- To be a key contact person for health colleagues to engage with and refer clients to, set up initial appointments, identify realistic goals and develop actions plans to ensure agreed health outcomes are achieved.
- To find ways of enabling clients to overcome the barriers preventing them from making healthy lifestyle changes.
- To assist clients at the end of their programme to engage with other services offered by the organization, or by partner agencies, and to keep abreast of their progress within these other groups.
- To keep Charitylog contact records up to date and to complete any monitoring as and when required.
- To assist in the delivery of health & well-being activities in the community throughout the Borough of Stockton.
- To report any safeguarding concerns regarding clients in line with Age UK Teesside’s Safeguarding Policy.
To attend and participate in internal/external meetings, as appropriate.
Under the Health & Safety Act at Work Act 1974 and associated guidance, it is the duty of all staff while at work to take adequate care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
To develop a personal knowledge base on Age UK Teesside to underpin effective working.
All staff are required to work within Age UK Teesside’s policies, ensuring these are carried out in relation to the job e.g. confidentiality, quality.
To ensure that the organisation’sequal opportunities and diversity policies are followed through in all aspects of work.
The post may involve occasional evening and weekend work for which time in lieu can be claimed.
The above list is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st October 2018 at 4 pm.
Interviews will take place week commencing 8th October 2018.